HOMEABOUT MERESUMETUTORIALSMY FAVES

Tuesday, May 6, 2014

Lil' Pirate Card With Matching Card Box Envelope

Hello again!  Today I'm sharing a card I made showcasing Authentique's 'Anchored' collection alongside dies by Top Dog Dies.  I created this card during a cross promo event that Authentique had with Top Dog Dies a few weeks ago. 

The paper is a mixture of reds, whites & blues which can not only be used for nautical themed projects but for patriotic themed projects as well.  I decided to go with a nautical themed card where I also got the chance to use one of these cute little 'pirate' stamp images that I have in my collection.  :-)
The majority of my cards are created with lots of dimension--so they do not fit in regular sized envelopes.  So lately, I've been creating coordinating card 'boxes' to house my cards.  As you can see, I created a matching card box envelope--my card fits perfectly inside this box which measures approximately 6" x 6" inches & about 1" inch in height.
The base of the card was created by a Top Dog Die (Circle Mini Album Die).  The die is meant to cut out mini album covers but I've used it as the base of my card.  I folded a piece of card stock in half & ran it through my Big Shot along with the die--I just didn't cut one edge of the die completely out & this created the base for my card.
This cute little pirate is a stamp that I've stamped onto a piece of acetate/transparency.  I wanted my little pirate on the cover of this card but I didn't want him to block any of the designs seen on the background of the card--so I made him transparent.  All I did was highlight certain areas of him with Star Dust Stickles to dress him up a bit.
My flower cluster is composed of Petaloo flowers & the burlap flower is one from my own stash.  Actually I found these at my local Michaels.
Both doilies seen peeking out behind all my layering and this little blue bottle die cut were all made with Top Dog Dies (Cherish Doiles & Tags, Bottles #1 Set) .  That bottle die was just too cute--what a great element to tuck into clusters!
Here's my card being stored away nicely in it's coordinating box envelope! 

Supplies: Paper - Authentique, Flowers - Petaloo, Dies - Top Dog Dies, Stamp - Stamp Enjoy, Other - Burlap Flower, Spiral Clip, Flat Back Pearls

Thanks for stopping by & enjoy the rest of the week!
Photobucket

No comments:

Post a Comment

All comments are very much appreciated. Thank you for stopping by!